Faculty Position in the Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University
The laboratory of Prof. Ikawa, Department of Experimental Genome Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases (RIMD), Osaka University is studying mammalian reproductions through gene manipulated mice. The laboratory is now seeking a project member, who has a flexible attitude and can conduct a study using genome edited mice and contribute to develop and harness the strength of research. The successful applicant will be responsible for not only research but also administration of the animal facility and education of liberal arts, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
1. Position: Assistant Professor
2. Number of Positions: 1 (One)
3. Affiliation: Research Institute of Microbial Diseases (RIMD) (Department of Experimental Genome Research)
4. Work Location: Suita Campus (3-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-City, Osaka, Japan)
5. Specialized Field: Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Molecular Biology, Experimental Animals
Conduct research experiments about the mammalian fertilization through gene manipulated mice.
Educational activities for undergraduate and graduate school students
Administration of the animal facility
Applicants must have
(1) A doctoral degree or are expected to have one by March 2021.
(2)Excellent research achievements in the related fields.
(3) Business level or above Japanese and English language proficiency
8. Starting Date: October 1, 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
9. Term of Employment:
For 3 years from the starting date
*Following completion of the term, the contract may be extended subject to evaluation (the extension limit is 6 years from the starting date).
10. Probationary Period: 6 months
11. Employment Form:
Based on "37. Regulations Pertaining to Working Hours, Holidays and Leave for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff"
*The Discretionary Labor System, Special Work Type will be applied (deemed working hours: 8 hours a day)
12. Salary and Benefits:
Based on "40. Salary Regulations for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff"
Medical insurance and employee's pension insurance of the Federation of National Public Service Personnel Mutual Aid Associations, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
14. Application Documents:
Applications must be written in English or Japanese and include the following
1. A Curriculum Vitae (photo attached) *Please use the university form for educational/research positions available at the following website.
2. A list of research achievements (original papers, review papers, books, patents, presentations in international conferences)
3. Reprints of major original papers (4 copies, photocopies acceptable)
4. A list and an outline of awards and prizes
5. An outline of researchand education achievements (up to 2 A4 pages)
6. Research plans and a statement of educational aspirations (up to 2 A4 pages)
7. Name, affiliation, and contact information of two professional references who are willing to be contacted about the applicant
8. Copies of English proficiency certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC scores, a description of periods of residency outside of Japan that demonstrate your English ability, or English related job experiences.
*Personal information in the application documents will only be used for the purpose of screening and hiring procedures, and will not be disclosed to any third party.
*Submitted application documents will not be returned.
15. Sending Address and Contact Information:
If submitted by postal service:
Professor Masahito IKAWA
Department of Experimental Genome Research
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases
3-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-city, Osaka 565-0871 JAPAN
* Please write "Application for faculty position" on the envelope in red ink.
* Please send application documents by registered mail or courier.
If submitted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please write "Application for faculty position"" in the subject line.
* Assign a password to the application documents and sent the password in a separate e-mail.
Contact Person: Professor Masahito IKAWA
Tel: +81-6-6879-8375 E-mail: email@example.com
16. Application Deadline: September 30, 2020 (Japan Standard Time)
17. Selection Process:
Document screening will be followed by interviews. Selected applicants will be notified within two weeks after the application deadline.
*Travel and accommodation fees necessary for interviews are to be covered by the applicant. The applicant may request an online interview.
*Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
18. Additional Information:
Concerning work conditions other than the above-mentioned, please refer to "35. Work Regulations for National University Corporation Osaka University Limited Term Staff" and/or related regulations.
Please note the above-mentioned working conditions are as of the day this employment offer is posted, and subject to change.
We welcome applications from highly motivated female candidates.
Osaka University is committed to promoting gender equality and providing various supports for female academic staff members.
*Osaka University campuses and related facilities are smoke-free, except for designated areas．．
19. Recruiter: National University Corporation Osaka University