Japanese Society for Developmental Biologists - Travel Fellowship Program
Application deadline: February 26(Mon)
February 19, 2018
1.Eligibility： Undergraduate and graduate students in the Asia-Pacific region who attend an eligible JSDB annual meeting
(APDBN Homepage http://apdbn.org/about/index.html)
2.Eligible meetings： 51st annual meeting (Tokyo; June 5 - 8, 2018; joint meeting with JSCB)https://confit.atlas.jp/guide/event/jscbjsdb2018/top?lang=en
3.# of fellowships： 2018: 5 fellowships
※Multiple applications may be submitted from the same laboratory (same PI), however, only a maximum of two applications to be approved.
1. Must make a presentation (oral or poster)
2. Must attend all days of the meeting
5.Application materials ：
1. Presentation summary (including title, name of presenter, and affiliation); presenter's age, position, and publications over past 5 years (All information should fit on an A4 sheet of paper) .
Application form for the fellowship (by WORD file)
Application form for the fellowship (by PDF file)
2. Letter of recommendation from the applicant's mentor (PI of the lab)
6.Selection process： By the selection committee appointed by the meeting organizer
7.Payment： Payment to be made in cash (Japanese yen) at the meeting
1. Within one month after the meeting, successful applicant must submit a report (approximately one A4 page in length) and a picture of the participant taken at the meeting venue.
2. Submission deadlines and other details will be posted on the meeting website：https://confit.atlas.jp/guide/event/jscbjsdb2018/top?lang=en
9.Handling of personal information：
The personal information obtained as part of this funding activity will only be used in activities necessary for the completion of the activity, such as application, review, notification of results, and payment of awards. The Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists at present has fewer than 5,000 members, and as such is exempt from the provisions on organizations handling personal information under Japanese law. However, the JSDB will nonetheless handle such information in a manner that complies with the intent of the relevant laws and will only use personal information for the limited activities described herein, and will not provide personal information it collects to any third party. Some personal information collected will be registered in a database maintained under contract by a third party vendor, but such vendors shall also be requested to comply with all applicable laws and conventions.
Applications should be submitted to: